We are looking for a Senior Proposal Writer to develop technical proposals and RFP/RFQ responses for government and commercial prospects. The successful candidate will effectively convey information about our services, ensure that proposals maintain a consistent tone throughout, and handle multiple rounds of revisions and edits.
Grow with Us
- Create, edit, and deliver compelling business proposals to governments and commercial prospects.
- Study requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotations (RFQs), and requests for information (RFIs)
- to determine the information needed for each proposal.
- Conduct research and interview subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather information required to develop proposal content.
- Analyze various services and solutions and translate them into proposals that address RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements.
- Revise and edit content developed by different writers and SMEs to ensure that the proposal flows and maintains a consistent tone throughout.
- Work with the graphic designer to develop any graphical content needed to enhance the look and feel of the proposal.
- Collaborate with SMEs to develop competitive cost proposals.
- Follow up with team members and management for feedback and revisions, and to ensure that the proposal stays on schedule.
- Assemble the final text, graphics, exhibits, and supporting documents into an attractive, client-ready package.
- Help to create a library of reusable templates and content for use in future proposals.
- 5 years’ experience writing Federal and/or state and local government proposals.
- Prior experience writing commercial business proposals is also desired.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Acrobat.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Project.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize requests to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and take ownership of the proposal.
- Able to collaborate with others to gather the information necessary to prepare a complete and effective proposal.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.